A team participating in the UST Global D3 Hackathon ("event") shall be referred to as “team” and an individual in a team as “participant”. All the teams and individuals will be referred to as “participants”. By registering to participate in the event, participants acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “D3 Hackathon terms and conditions").
1. The event is open to teams of 4 members. All individuals in a team should be current students of an institute of higher learning (college or university) at the time of registration, through the course of the hackathon, and at the time of the hackathon finals in Dec 2019.
2. The event is open to students pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in any stream of study in a college or university.
3. UST Global will use the HackerEarth platform for registration and conducting the online portions of the hackathon.
4. Teams will need to register on the HackerEarth portal. Each team will also need to register all members of the team, and provide proof of status as a student for each member of the team. Participants will be required to upload a scanned copy of their student ID card. Student IDs without a photograph will not be accepted. If the official Student ID does not include a photograph, the participant will be required to obtain authorization from the college or university on ID card template provided by UST Global.
5. Each participant can be part of only one team.
6. Each team shall participate through a single HackerEarth account. Please note that UST Global in its sole discretion may disqualify any team or participant who attempts to participate in the event through multiple D3 Hackathon accounts.
7. There is no fee to participate in the event and no fees of any kind will be charged before or after the event.
8. By registering for the D3 Hackathon participants agree to allow UST Global to retrieve team details and a participant’s name, email ID, institute, contact number, city, state, highest qualification, specialization and year of graduation from the HackerEarth platform. HackerEarth does not have the right to use this information for purposes outside of the D3 Hackathon.
9. Participants who provide incomplete, false, erroneous, fraudulent, forged, and tampered information will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
10. The event will comprise four rounds. The first three rounds will be online rounds with shortlisted teams from each round progressing to next round. After round three, a video interview for shortlisted teams will be conducted between Oct 23rd and Nov 20th, with the top 20 teams progressing to a 24-Hour Onsite Hackathon to be held at the UST Global Campus, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Round 1 - Online Programming Challenge - Sep 24th – 26th 2019
- Round 2 - Online Programming Challenge and an online Multiple-Choice Aptitude Test (MCAT) - Oct 1st to 3rd 2019
- Round 3 - Online Programming Challenge and an online Multiple-Choice Programming Test (MCPT) - Oct 8th to 10th 2019
- Video Interview for shortlisted team between October 23rd and November 20th 2019
- Onsite Hackathon - Dec 1st 9:00 AM to Dec 2nd 9:00 AM
11. UST Global will sponsor the travel for the top 20 twenty teams to Trivandrum. UST Global will seek information such as gender and meal preference to make travel arrangements. All teams are advised to bring their own laptop with necessary software for the event.
12. Participants must ensure they have access to stable Internet connection during the online challenge rounds.
13. Participants represent and warrant that the assets used or developed during the event do not infringe on the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party, patents, copyrights, or trademarks.
14. If and when a Team is declared a winner, the team and its members must acknowledge and agree, in consideration of entering this event, that (a) he or she will not develop or submit the same or similar entity in any other competition, or similar event organized by any third party, and (b) all intellectual property rights in the entry submitted by the participant shall vest exclusively with UST Global.
15. All data sets or platforms made available by UST Global to participants during or in connection with the event shall remain the sole and exclusive property of UST Global. The data sets and platforms should not be stored, reverse-engineered, copied, deduced, extracted, or replicated in any manner or medium whatsoever by the participants.
16. A participant may be disqualified on grounds that include, but are not limited to, unlawful, obscene or inappropriate actions, fraud, dishonesty, misappropriation or infringement of the intellectual property of others and/or any failure to comply with the D3 Hackathon terms and conditions.
17. UST Global shall not be liable for any damages or claims that might arise or occur during or in connection with the event.
18. Each participant in the event agrees to immediately notify UST Global in the event that he or she becomes aware of any unauthorized use of any participant’s identity or any other breach of security related to the event.
19. While UST Global will take all reasonable precautions to protect data, Participants acknowledge that data transmission over the Internet or any data storage system is not completely secure. UST Global does not take responsibility for the security of the content and subsequent use of the content submitted by the participants during the D3 Hackathon account or through the HackerEarth portal.
20. Participants shall indemnify and hold UST Global harmless from and against any third-party claims arising from any act committed by any participant during the event.
21. Participants shall not transfer their rights to access to another person unless they have obtained explicit consent from UST Global in writing to do so.
22. Participants agree that any pictures taken within the course of the event may be used by UST Global for future promotional, marketing, publicity, and recruitment purposes, and participants waive any claim to remuneration for such use.
23. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth here, the event grants participants a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access the event site and the content therein. Participants agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the event website in any manner.
24. Participants may not download, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, duplicate, or publish any information present on the event website. Any unauthorized use of the event website or its contents shall lead to termination of the access granted by UST Global.
25. Participants have to abide by all applicable laws and rules.
26. All decisions of UST Global will be final with respect to any aspect of the event including selection or rejection of a Team or a Participant.
27. Any dispute, claim or difference arising out of or in connection with this Term and Conditions, including any question regarding its existence or validity, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996 by a sole arbitrator appointed by a Director of US Technology International Private Limited. The seat of the arbitration shall be in Trivandrum. The language to be used in the arbitration shall be English.
28. UST Global reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time on its discretion. Your continued use of the event site after the posting of any amended terms and conditions shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes.